Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm a little behind!

Yes, I know that it has been a while since my last post. I knew I would have a hard time getting on here an posting often and I just started. We have been so busy with activities and the holidays, so I have to get you caught up with what I can without boring you.
I got to go to my kids school parties on their last day of school before Christmas break (thanks to my husband for working from home that day). I first got to got to Katelyn's school where she had "The Polar Express" breakfast. It was very cute! All the parents made breakfast for the class and we got to eat together, then they started reading the story "The Polar Express" and then they had a special visitor. Can you guess who that was? SANTA!!!! They also put of a concert for the parents that were there. They did Katelyn's favorite thing in the world....SINGING!!! Her is some pics.I was then off to Jacob's party which was more laid back.(He is a 3rd grader and they are to big for the parties) :) They just ate a lot of food, had a gift exchange, watched a Christmas Story and played games. I really enjoyed just going into his class and being with him and his friends.





The kids were on break for a couple weeks. Katelyn got to also make cookies with her Brownie troop. Right before Christmas we were busy baking and making candy and cookies and getting ready for family to come over. We even had some visitors while making our cookies. It was baby Troy and Aunt Rachel. (Katy loves to hold Troy) Sophia was home too, but taking a nap when these pics were taken. :)Here are some pics.



We had a wonderful Christmas. We had Bryon's family over to our house on Christmas Eve and then we went to my side on Christmas Day. The kids really enjoyed being with their cousins. It was fun this year too because Bryon's sister Rachel just had a baby in November and he was there at Christmas Eve and it was nice to have another child other than ours there. I'm sure next year he will be running around. :) It's nice to see the family growing.



We had our 4th annual New Years Eve party this year at our house again. We had a lot of friends here and we had a blast. We ate A LOT of food, and played games, pool, Dance Dance Revolution and of course ROCK BAND. The Men played it most of the time, but then the girls "The Hott Mommas" jumped in and we weren't to bad. :) The kids had a lot of their friends over and we didn't see to much of them because they hung out in their rooms and played (destroyed). I couldn't even believe that Sophia stayed up too and was in a pretty good mood. At the stroke of 12:00am we let off some fireworks let the kids beat on metal pots and pans (they loved that too much). We had a lot of fun. We truly are blessed with wonderful friends that we got to bring in the new year with. We had a rough 2008, somethings I am thankful we experienced, but others I pray we would never have to go through again. I know that we are only made stronger through these experiences. I am looking forward to 2009!!






Hopefully I didn't bore you to much and I am going to try to be better at Blogging. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday too.



















2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm glad you had a good holiday. I love the banging on the pans! That sounds like a bunch of fun chaos! :) I'm glad to hear you so positive about your trials! That is the way to be able to get through them, by somehow finding a lesson from them and to see how it has made your family grow. Happy New Year!

Kelly and Dane Valatka said...

Yay..... I'm so glad you finally posted again. I kept checking back, but nothing. I know your busy, and its tougher making these blogs, a lot more time consuming. But I sure do love reading them, so keep em' coming!!!!! It looks like you guys had an awesome holiday! 2009, will be better for ya! I just know it!!!! I love you!!!!!