Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1st Big Storm

We finally got some serious snow where they even shut down the kids school (that never happens) We all got to stay home today (even Daddy) It was actually very nice for the 1st couple hours but then the kids got "bored." They have everything in the world to do and play, but it happens on those long days home they just get bored.
They then came up and asked me if they could go out and play. I don't know about some of you, but I hate getting my kids ready to go outside. I get out the snowsuits, boots, gloves, hats, etc just for them to be outside for 5 minutes and want to come in. We do not live on a hill, so there is no sled riding, so that gets "boring" too.



Here is Jacob and Katy when they first went out to play.


Here is Daddy doing "what daddy's do" and not to thrilled to be out there. :)

Sophia had to stay inside, but she loved watching them from the door. :)
We are waiting for some more snow and ice and they are expecting for people to lose power and I am hoping and praying that we don't. I think we will be stranded for days. :) Please pray for our family. :)

4 comments:

Christina said...

Daddy's do that?! Not in my house! Will you tell Chris that! :)

Tony, Julie and family! said...

That right there is precisely why I live in NV! haha Good luck!

Kelly and Dane Valatka said...

OH yuck! It's pretty and all, but like Julie said....I do NOT miss that *@#*. Its crazy that Utah gets snow like that almost every day, but the snow there, is so different. In Utah life goes on, but where you are, the world comes to a stop. Blah...

So when are you moving out here????

I'm wearing shorts and am getting sunburns.... hint hint.... I think its about time! ;) I miss you!

The Wyly's said...

I couldn't leave this wonderful weather. :) I think I like having the gravel yards, so you don't have to cut your grass. :) Bryon has 1 more year till he gets his MBA, so we will see. :)