Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine

I had the best Valentines day ever thanks to my husband. We actually decided to celebrate on Friday because Bryon was going to be the dj at the single adult dance the following night. He had told me that he had some plans and not to worry about anything or anyone. This SCARED me!! Anyone that knows my husband knows that he is not a planner and sometimes doesn't pay much attention to details. :) I recieved a text from him while he was in class on Thursday night to lay out the kids clothes for school, of course I had to ask Why? I was then told that he was going to be getting the kids off to school and that I would be sleeping in. I was so excited, so I did everything that I was asked.
The next morning the alarm went off and he popped right out of bed, gave me a kiss and said "don't get up." I was a little freaked because the kids had a lot of things going on that day (parties and a project due) and I was worried that he would forget something. :) I laid in bed trying not to get out, but I did go to the door a couple times and yell out don't for this or that, so I was then told to go back to bed. The kids got off to school and all that was left behind was Jacob's project (but was later taken to school) :) I reall tried to sleep, but I just couldn't and about 15 minutes later Bryon came in with breakfast in bed. I was eating and enjoying the attention when he then came in with roses and a card. (Little did I know this was the start of my wonderful day) I had to wait 1 hr before I could open it. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not patient. :) This was killing me!! Bryon got ready for work and off he went. It finally had been an hour and I got to open my card. It read..
"Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Go to the Gym and
your sister will know what to do."
This is cute, but I was going crazy because I had to wait until 11:30 to meet my sister and it was only 9am.
I met my sister at the gym and I then found out that I was going to have a massage. As I was working out, Bryon comes in and gives me a kiss and tells me to take his car and he was taking Sophia home and to wait for his call. I figured out that he didn't go to work. :) I went off to my 1hr long massage and then off to the Steam room and laying on the bench was some magazines and another card. I opened it up and there was another little note and $ telling me to go get my nails done and to go shopping and to enjoy time to myself and to wait for his call. I was so excited and relaxed. :)
I then went off to get my nails done and to do some shopping when I was then called and told to go outside to the car and open up the center console and recieve my next clue. i rushed right out of the store and went to the car. I opened up the console and found another card and a gift. I opened the card and he told me that he bought my bday gift a week early (bday is on 19th) and he told me to open it up and it would take me to my next destination. It was a Garmin (GPS). I went through all the steps and went off on my way having no clue where I was going next. It took me to a beautiful Hotel in Cincinnati. I then figured out that we got to stay the night with NO kids. :) I then came in and told them who I was (Which they already seemed to know with smiles on their faces) and they gave me a key to our room. I went to the top floor and opened the door and was met by my handsome hubby with a hug and kiss. I was then told to change and freshen up and the we were off to dinner at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse. It was beautiful!! We then walked around fountain square, did some shopping, got Graeters(YUMMY). It was so nice! We then went back to our room. :)





I felt so special that day. He had been working on everything for a couple weeks, so everything and everyone was taken care of. He hadn't done something like this since we were dating. I told him that I fell more in love with him (if that is possible) I have been so blessed by having him as my husband. He is my BEST FRIEND and a WONDERFUL father. I can only hope that my girls marry a man just like him.
It was a day that I will ever forget!! He said he is looking forward to the next time he can surprise me. Me either!! :)

5 comments:

Christina said...

Wow!!! Bryon! Very impressive! That was really good! I am surprised any man could pull that off and be so organized! Congrats on a wonderful V-day!!!!!!!!

The Wyly's said...

See why I was having major anxiety? My husband isn't the planner, but this time he really proved he could do it. I was so proud of him!

Tony, Julie and family! said...

Sounds wonderful! ;)

Kelly and Dane Valatka said...

OH my goodness! I think I read that whole thing with my mouth open in total shock! Very impressive, indeed! Good for you, you deserved it! I bet it was awesome! I can totally understand how the anxiety would have come in. I'm a planner and need to be in control, and when I'm not... well....uh....its just not a good thing! Its hard to let go and just let things happen. Especially when its you that is always doing the giving, planning, cooking, cleaning, etc..etc... Way to go Bryon! You Rock! Congrats sweets, I'm so glad you had an awesome day!

searching4peace said...

uuuuummmm, he needs to have a talk with my hubby....lucky girl you are!!