Monday, March 23, 2009

Blessings

I am sorry that it has been so long. Our family has been very busy for the past month. I have titled this blog "blessings" because I was sitting here tonight thinking about a lot of blessings in my life. I have been having a hard time the last 6 months. I was 3 months pregnant and thought things were going well, but I went in for a normal prenatal exam and started having complications. I then miscarried a couple days later. I had never had to go through anything like that ever in my life. I had so many questions and wondered what I was supposed to learn from this.
You may be wondering why I am bringing this up now. I was having a real hard time with everything. I knew I was blessed already with 3 beautiful and healthy children, but I still felt empty. I didn't feel strong or happy. I was always sad. I felt like I was at a spritual low.
I finally decided that I was really going to turn things around and work on myself. I started the very next day at the gym. I got a trainer, got on a strict diet and as of last Wednesday I have lost 31 lbs. I cannot tell you how much that has helped me. I had fallen away from my daily scripture study also because I always thought I had other things I needed to get done while Sophia was taking a nap. I have since gotten back into reading my sriptures daily. What a difference!!! I also started going out with the Sister Missionaries. What a BLESSING!! I have become very close with them and cannot even go a day without talking to them. (I am hoping one of them will be my sister. We are trying to hook up our parents) :)It has been wonderful to have them in our home teaching investigators and having our children around them. I LOVE THEM!!!(sister on the right) :)
I have even made it a top priority to have a date night with my husband. With 3 kids it is very hard, but we have been doing it a couple times a month and it has made our marriage even stronger.
I am so thankful for the blessings in my life. I am thankful for my temple marriage, my 3 beautiful children, and the Gospel. I am thankful to feel these things again that we sometimes take advantage of.

2 comments:

Kelly and Dane Valatka said...

ahhhh sweety. I'm so sorry you have been so low. But it sounds like things are on the up and ups, so thats good. You look FANTASTIC! You go girl! Keep the faith, and keep smiling, cause you are so blessed............................................................. because you have me! ha ha ;) I love you and your little dog too!

Christina said...

What a beautiful post! I love post like these that really give me a boost! I'm sorry for the hard time that you have had. It is amazing how we can use these opportunites to build ourselves up or let them run us down to the pits. I love you guys so much and am so proud of you!